Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swx to Creo back to SWX

Re: Swx to Creo back to SWX

first of all expecting guys with experience in solidworks to start making complex assemblies and parts in Creo straightway without any formal training is sheer stupidity.

Thinking that all the 3D CAD softwares are very similar and easy to learn is foolish on the part of the management.

what ever software you pick up other than solidworks would need some kind of formal training.

Sticking to solidworks will keep your modeling skills limited to companies using solidworks.

we are here to help you with your issues in Creo.

Please tell what are your problems are we will be happy to guide you.

Agree

Bit of status update.

We had a meeting with executive team, my bosses boss, not happy, turns out we missed a mile stone with the customer.  We explained that the reason we are not hitting the ground running is neither one of us knows Creo well enough with formal training.  We were told that there is too much work for the next six months to ramp up on a CAD system and have two people out for training will not happen, we missed a milestone the customer was not happy and we have another order with them.

We were told sternly, "we have another scheduled milestone in 30 days, we can not and will not be late.  If you both know what ever CAD s/w you know get it here this week."  So basically, we cut a PO for two seat of Swx....

I've had that same argument with myself and did the same thing

Sorry you are dealing with so much pain.  Nothing wrong with making things work.

I also sympathize with you. Hopefully, SW is gonna do the job for you.

Whoever quoted you 2 weeks of needed training didn't know what they were talking about. Right now I am teaching the PTC class "Creo Parametric 2.0 for SolidWorks Users". It's a 3 day class. That's about $1450 USD per student (list price, I think).

Will it teach you everything about Creo? No. Will it get you up and running and productive? Yes, it will. I just asked the students in my class and they think it will. Yes they know they will have more to learn when they get back, but they predict they will be proficient with Creo Parametric within a few weeks at most.

I think you better go for your own software. Good luck bro.

Here's the first bit of help I'd suggest (while you address the s/w conversion or training issues). Use the Command Search in Creo. Turn on the Find Solid Works command option for it. Now when you want to do something, type in the command you would use in SW and let Creo tell you where the Creo command is.

Here's how to do it:

1. In the top right corner, expand the Command Search window by clicking on the magnifying glass
    Capture1.PNG
  2. Start typing something in the box, like "solid", when the window pops up with the dynamic search results below, select the "Setup" buttonCapture2.PNG
  3. Turn on the SolidWorks Commands, and select OK.

Capture3.PNG

That should be a pretty big help.

A couple of other things to keep in mind.

• Creo is NOT a drafting tool. Drawings are all about detailing what you modeled. If you didn't model it, then you will struggle to "draft" it.
  • Creo insists that everything is correct. Not close enough, not about this, etc. Sketches must be fully defined, components should be fully constrained, quantities must be exact.
Announcements