cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thermal analysis - travelling heat loads

shallur
1-Newbie

Thermal analysis - travelling heat loads

Hi,

I’m Sharan Hallur.

We are exploring Creo Simulate thermal analysis & I have queries regarding travelling heat loads in the training material.  .

1. In the heat load dialogue box {applying heat load to the weld}, please help me in understanding the time function 1:  exp(-1*(((s-time)/50)^2)),what is its significance & how you arrived to it!

2. I tried to add multiple welds in the same weldment, but all welds are simultaneously starting. How to make the heat loads run one after the other?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Sharan Hallur

1 REPLY 1

1. My guess is that the parameter 's' is a position value on a path length and 'time' is of course time. The exponential decay function is used to represent how the heat load moves along the path length (s) as time (time) progresses.

2. This is probably due to the function you've defined. I'm not sure what the solution is, but off the top of my head my thought is using a conditional statement to control a scalier each heat load function that controls when it's "on" (ie 0 or 1).

Top Tags