cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Trail / Training Files

peter.stockhaus
1-Newbie

Trail / Training Files

I have been trying to create some training files in WF2. I have read the "Directives for Creating Training Files and Trainer Text Files" from the help. I have not been able to make use of the commands in the trail file I am editing. Does anybody have any examples they could share or any better information on how to use the commands that are provieded for making training files?

Thanks;

Peter Stockhausen
Infotech Aerospace Services

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, since 18 or so the trailfiles became nearly unreadable, so creating one in the editor is close to impossible.

One important thing is to have the proper header including the ProE version. Thus it is possible even to create a trailfile with an older version and run it under Wildfire 2 (it wont work for a 100%, but anyway - I'm still using some from 16).

The only 'reliable' way is as creating mapkeys: Just do exactly what the trailfile is meant to do, then copy the automatic trailfile (<working dir=">\trail.txt.1) and run it.

(there is a tool around to watch the trailfile: http://www.lwh-brainware.de/downloads/Monitor20.zip)

So, maybe I should make a mapkey or series of mapkeys to do what I want the training file to do and record a session using them for my training file. Worth a try.

Peter Stockhausen

The trail file runs as if the mapkey is present, but I do not see how to get the results I want. I think I will just use mapkeys as training files.

Peter Stockhausen

The main problem with mapkeys as well as train files is that they only run in the same environment as when they were created. Sometimes this requires to click on the default selection in a dialog as well when recording it and not take that as granted.

One of the most annoying effects oft this is when You select something from a list: the mapkey/trailfile stores only the index - not the name or something as meaningful. This requires sometimes to edit the mapkey to try index 15 down to 10 to really grasp the last entry...

Anyway, when You run a mapkey, it is logged in the trailfile as well. So if nothing happens, check how far it was executed.

Top Tags