cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannot draw during a session in Vuforia Chalk

cmelancon
7-Bedrock

Cannot draw during a session in Vuforia Chalk

I've run some tests by myself with two devices: Pixel 4 and Galaxy Tab S5e and I am not able to draw when I start a session. I ran some tests with a PTC employee and when he is hosting the session everything works fine. Is there something I missed in my account that is blocking me from drawing during sessions that I host?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

When you share your view, are you prompted to move your device around so that Chalk can create a map of your space? Should look like the image below. Once completed you should get a 'Well Done!' message. Chalk Marks should work after this message. 

image.png

No I don't get that message

Neither of those devices are officially supported, so Chalk Marks may not work. You can see a list of current support devices here: https://chalk.vuforia.com/content/vuforia-chalk/en/download-chalk.html

Check your settings within the app and ensure that 'Live Annotations' are enabled. 

Ok, I took my son's Galaxy S7 and I was able to start a session with my Pixel 4 AND my Galaxy Tab S5e and the drawing was working fine on all devices. But if I start from my Pixel, nothing is working. That is a bit strange. Is it working or not?

It depends on the device that is sharing the video. When you are sharing video from a supported device, chalk marks work.  Sharing video from an unsupported device can cause issues with chalk marks as that device is the one used to help create the environment map Chalk uses for chalk marks. 

Top Tags