cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Chalk Desktop not always able to draw

dmforbes
12-Amethyst

Chalk Desktop not always able to draw

I have performed many demos for Chalk, as I work for Rockwell.  I use my phone, and the desktop app, to show the session.  sometimes the desktop app does not allow for me to draw an AR object in the desktop app

3 REPLIES 3

This would depend on the device sharing their view.  If the local user does not initialize their environment, or are using an unsupported device, then Chalk marks will not work. See this community post for more information.

dmforbes
12-Amethyst
(To:tmccombie)

Using my Iphone 7, I can join and leave a session over and over, and each time get a different result. Sometimes I can draw, other times I cannot

Are you consistently receiving the UX guidance to initialize your environment? You should see both messages like described in this Help Center topic: https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/chalk_desktop_center/#page/Vuforia_Chalk_Desktop%2Fcommon%2Finitialize_environment.html%23

If you aren't, please let me know as it may be a bug. 

Top Tags