cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Join Session

pjahn
16-Pearl

Join Session

In Vuforia Chalk on iOS there is a "Join Session" button in the "My Contacts" section. Can anyone tell me how to use this? A 9-digit code is required and I am asking myself how to create/initiate such a session. We are using Vuforia Chalk for Business (as a PTC partner). Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pjahn,

Dan Hitomi from PTC showed me this at LiveWorx this year.  The ability to join a session has been built into the app, but the ability to create the session is not in the publicly available version of the app yet Smiley Sad.

That being said, there's an update due this week according to the PTC product calendar, so fingers crossed for a public release then.

Cheers,

Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @pjahn,

Dan Hitomi from PTC showed me this at LiveWorx this year.  The ability to join a session has been built into the app, but the ability to create the session is not in the publicly available version of the app yet Smiley Sad.

That being said, there's an update due this week according to the PTC product calendar, so fingers crossed for a public release then.

Cheers,

Allan

geva
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjahn)

This "Join Session" option will allow anyone with a Chalk compatible device to download Chalk from the relevant app store, and get connected to a Chalk support session without the need to have an account, authenticate, have a contract with PTC.  It is intended for 1-to-many support scenarios where a few support agents/technicians could be communicating with all sorts of remote support requesters.

Once available, the enterprise support user will have an option to start a remote support session by generating this code - which they then communicate to the remote party.

Top Tags