cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Take long time to scan environment for AR and other questions

pawkittdem
3-Visitor

Take long time to scan environment for AR and other questions

1. Take long time to scan environment before annotate.
    It take time around 1-3 minutes for application to learn the environment.
    (Sometime it take longer time or cannot use this function)
    Is it normal condition?
  1. During initiate video call, Application always show as “poor signal” even if we change from mobile carrier or WIFI. But other video call application not has this kind of issue.
  1. When start session, How many member can join per session?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@tmccombie 

Thank you so much for your answer.

This time I test with iPhone6s and iPhone7.

And I will try to test again with your suggestion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @pawkittdem 

1. What device are you using? A big factor is the environment in which you are trying to initialize. Here's some information on the type of environment that works best for Chalk: https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/chalk_desktop_center/#page/Vuforia_Chalk_Desktop%2Fcommon%2Fannotations_environment.html%23wwID0E1NBK

2. Try moving Chalk to A/V only mode and run a test call. Are you seeing the same performance issues, or does the Audio & Video work similar to other A/V applications? 

3. At this time session are only a 1:1 call. Multi-user sessions is something that is on the roadmap for future releases of Chalk

@tmccombie 

Thank you so much for your answer.

This time I test with iPhone6s and iPhone7.

And I will try to test again with your suggestion.

Hello, 
One of our clients has problems in the recognition of the space in augmented reality. They haven't gotten it to work on any of these devices:
- Xiaomi Mi 2
- Lg K9
- Iphone 12
- Samsung S10

- Huawei P20 lite
We recommended updating the OS version, the ARCore & ARKit and install the last version of Vuforia Chalk. Also we shared the Vuforia Chalk recommendations to recognize the space in AR but never works.

Top Tags