cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Vuforia Chalk New Release Announcement v2.8.1

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Vuforia Chalk New Release Announcement v2.8.1

Vuforia Chalk is now available on Desktop! Chalk for Desktop makes it quick and easy for Experts to participate in remote assistance from a browser-based application. Once connected, Experts can view the technician’s environment and draw annotations using their mouse, all from a desktop computer, laptop or tablet with a compatible browser, no software download or installation necessary. 

Chalk for Desktop can be accessed from connect.vuforia.com. The web-based application is compatible with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.

image.png

Initiating sessions from the browser application requires a Host license, however anyone can join a session from a desktop if they have been given a Connect Code. Sessions cannot be conducted between two browser-based users as one user must be sharing their view on an AR enabled mobile device (Apple or Android).

image.png

If you currently have a Chalk User license and would like to upgrade to a Host license, please contact your sales rep. If you do not have Vuforia Chalk and would like a trial, please request an evaluation at chalk.vuforia.com.

19 REPLIES 19

Great news.

But sadly logging in to https://connect.vuforia.com fails for me and my colleagues. We have enabled SSO configuration with Azure Active Directory for Chalk. This seems to be the problem. 

pjahn_0-1580792832490.png

Does anyone know how to solve this in combination with keeping the SSO configuration?

danhitomi
11-Garnet
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn -- couple of questions:

1. Did we help a few months ago enable SSO for your account?
  2. Does your SSO configuration working when attempting to sign-in to our Admin Center (https://admin.vuforiachalk.com)?

Also, it may be easier for us to talk direct to help us confirm the issue and troubleshoot quicker. Can you send me a direct message with your email and I can contact you.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product

1. Yes. This you helped us with that about 1 year ago.
2. Yes. SSO configuration still works with https://admin.vuforiachalk.com

You have a direct message.
Thank you.
Paulons
3-Visitor

Please, 

Can you pos a step by step on how to perform SSO configuration?

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:Paulons)

SSO is still in the beta phase. We use Azure Active Directory as an identity provider. On the list of PTC are Okta, Ping, ADFS. With the support of PTC, however, configuration was also possible with Azure AD. Since PTC employees had to adjust the configuration in the backend of our Chalk Tenant as well, I can't provide any instructions for this. But I can provide at least a screenshot of the configuration of the Enterprise App in Azure AD.

chalk_azure_ad.png

Paulons
3-Visitor

thank you for the explanation. do you know how to host a call?

Paulons
3-Visitor

I have access admin center but, not have access a host.
how to solve this case?

LizPurdy
13-Aquamarine

Paulons,

We are investigating your no-hosts issue and will come back to you soon.

-Liz

@tmccombie  @LizPurdy  We are having the same issue and I guess need a host license (?) to initiate a session from the desktop version.  Please let me know the solution as well.  Thanks.

Jeff B.

Hi @jbrinker 

Apologies for the delay. It looks like your account is all set with host privileges now. Are you still having issues?

LizPurdy
13-Aquamarine

Paulons,

Please send me a private message so that we can discuss your access issue.

Regards,

Liz

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

@Paulons  Click on a user and then select the check box next to 'Ability to Host Session' below the user's info. We have enabled host for your user already.  You should now be able to use the 'start a session' feature within the mobile app or desktop

image.png

Solve.

Thanks!!!

sclement1
4-Participant
(To:danhitomi)

@danhitomi Can you get in touch to discuss what has to be done to get this to work from the PTC side?  We are attempting to connect using Microsoft Azure as well with out success.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

rsingh-8
4-Participant
(To:sclement1)

Team,

We are facing some issue with the setting up the Email value to be entered while configuring SSO. Does anyone know how to fix error.

We did initial setup in ADFS as per the guide but were not able to set "Name of Email attribute" properly.

rsingh-8_0-1587063277069.jpeg

getting below error:

rsingh-8_1-1587063301861.jpeg

I have already opened case (C15360422 ) but any help from this group help me complete it by 18th April. We need to urgently complete this . Thanks in advance.

hi @rsingh-8 

We have identified a bug with AWS and are activity working to get it resolved. I have reached out to you through the case regarding this and @dupatel will continue to communicate with you there as we get more information. 

randerson-3
14-Alexandrite
(To:tmccombie)

It seems like session summaries are not available on the Desktop version. 

I believe that summaries should be shown for both the local and the remote user. Will the desktop get these features in the future? Is there a timeline?

Session summaries are on the roadmap for desktop but we do not have a timeline for this feature yet. 

Top Tags