cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Vuforia Chalk support on Samsung A5

PC8000
4-Participant

Vuforia Chalk support on Samsung A5

Hi,

We are currently evaluating Chalk for enterprise use.

Our workforce is currently using the Samsung A5 on Android 7.

We've noticed that the A5 can draw and share chalk marks if they are viewing someone else's screen but if they are the one who is sharing, they can draw chalk marks but it is not visible to the other party (who is running a S8 or iphone).  So it looks like it is partially working.

I understand the A5 is not on the suppported list but would like to see if there any plans for support on the Samsung A5 running Android 7 in the future as there is a good use case for the product.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:PC8000)

The Samsung A5 is not currently on our road map, but we will add it to our list of devices to consider. Would it be possible to upgrade to Android 8? This information will help us better understand your needs. 

PC8000
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

We currently have over 700 A5's deployed so it is not a cost effective exercise to upgrade them to S8's.  There are plans to upgrade them to the A8s but this will still be a while and will happen on a as needed basis when the A5s need replacing.

Thanks

@PC8000 thanks for this context.

I don't believe we have (yet) verified support for Samsung A5s. Could you provide us the specific model (e.g., "SM-A520F"), so I can prioritize against our device testing & support backlog?

Here is how you can obtain this information: https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/how-find-out-which-android-phone-you-have-3662987/

Thanks,

Dan

Product

Dan Hitomi
Product
PC8000
4-Participant
(To:danhitomi)

Hi Dan,

The device model is SM-A520F.  As mentioned, it appears to be working well when receiving calls but does not work when making out going calls.

Thanks

Hi PC8000 - thanks for the additional detail.

It appears your Android device has the intrinsics we need that indicates potential to support.

Have you enrolled in our "30-Day Evaluation" program? https://chalk.vuforia.com/apply.html

By doing so - it would help us better evaluate and qualify your device requirements.

Best,

Dan

Product

Dan Hitomi
Product
PC8000
4-Participant
(To:danhitomi)

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response.

We will sign up for the 30 day evaluation and go from there.

Thanks

Top Tags