cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

labeling a dimension and use the dimension value in the subsequent features of the model

vdevan
14-Alexandrite

labeling a dimension and use the dimension value in the subsequent features of the model

Hi, 

Am using creo parametric 3.0, in which is it possible to create a labelled dimension (say thickness = 10mm) a dimension and use the dimension value in the subsequent features of the model, so that i can change the thickness once and it will change in all places.

FYI, using relations is a good option, i feel like, that requires more manual work, (defining the dimensions and then giving relations). 

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @vdevan ,

so far I understand your post , your meant in Creo Parametric  some thing like this:

2019-02-11_17-38-07.gif

So let  us   have this simple model model with some dimensions which are driven by parameters in a relation. What should be here the relation to vuforia chalk? What do you want to manage or the change here?  May be,  a picuture could be very helpful the understand your issue.

Or is this more related to Vuforia Studio? In this case I think the quesiton will make for me more sense - e.g. where you want to have some parametric dependencies to change the geometry?

vdevan
14-Alexandrite
(To:RolandRaytchev)

hi Roland, 

Thanks for the reply, 

The problem is not about the Vuforia Studio,

It is related to modeling.

I fund that creating "Local Parameters"' is the answer.

Define local parameters and u can use in the model where ever you want.

Regards

Top Tags