cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Does Microsoft Edge prompt a user to login when accessing captures via URL?

Nicole_Holm
6-Contributor

Does Microsoft Edge prompt a user to login when accessing captures via URL?

Hello -- Does Microsoft Edge prompt a user to login when accessing a capture via URL? I have tried logging out of my Vuforia account, pasting a capture URL into Microsoft Edge, and the capture plays without prompting me to login. Google Chrome has me login when I do these same steps. 

I do not have my credentials saved in Microsoft Edge, so I would think it would prompt me to login. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Nicole_Holm 

Is this happening for all of your published procedures, or just a specific one? I am prompted to log in when using a desktop playback URL in Edge. 

Nicole_Holm
6-Contributor
(To:tmccombie)

Hi @tmccombie,

I've tested a few different captures, and it doesn't prompt me to log in on Edge with any of them.

I typically use Google Chrome for viewing captures but am testing since some of our capture customers may use Edge. I was signed out of Chrome and not logged in anywhere using Edge, and I was able to copy/paste a capture URL into Edge and view the capture without being prompted to log in. 

This is definitely odd behavior. Can you try opening this URL in Edge and see if you are prompted to enter credentials?

https://go.studio.vuforia.com/account-service/v2/users/logged-in 

Nicole_Holm
6-Contributor

Hello, @tmccombie -- This link prompted me to enter credentials in Edge. 

Hi @Nicole_Holm

Could you DM me a video of this happening with the console log open on Edge(F12)?

image.png

Nicole_Holm
6-Contributor

Well, of course now it's prompting me to login, which is good, but now I can't duplicate the issue.
Top Tags