cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Invalid steps

AndreaSteyn
11-Garnet

Invalid steps

Good day community,

I recorded a procedure for making tea to familiarise myself with Vuforia Expert Capture with a Realwear device HMT-1.

I recorded 9 steps.  When I tried to add the new procedure in the Vuforia Editor I got the following error message that I also attached. That some of my steps were invalid and would not be seen.

Why did this happen? I followed the procedure and proceeded to each new step by stating "Next Step" and it started recording each new step.

Please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @tmccombie ,

I tried uploading the file again so that I can see if there is anything else that shows up as an error in the browser.  However no if I upload the folder I don't get any error message or invalid step error.

It appears as if it might have been some glitch which has either since been resolved or something else. At least i found that I could edit the videos separately and just upload them. This is not ideal but at least I could still make the video.

Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @AndreaSteyn,

We have seen this error when the expert hasn't formally "finished" the capture by saying "finish capture" when they are complete. 

In our case, the expert didn't turn off the HMT-1, so we were able to easily go back into the capture, say "finish capture", and re-upload the capture folder into Vuforia Editor. That resolved our issue with the invalid steps message.

I hope this helps!

Nicole

Hello @Nicole_Holm,

I am sure I finished the capture and I also edited the title before saving the capture.  I suspect something else must have gone wrong.

At least I had all the videos so I could manually add them to the procedure.  I had to edit them in another editor though to be able to cut the videos as required.

Is there a way that I can check if the "Finished Capture" maybe didn't work or what else went wrong? Any log files I can access?

Hello @AndreaSteyn,

There is a log file in the folder containing the raw video clips you save to your computer from the HMT-1. These may be able to tell you where something went wrong. I've attached a screenshot of one of our examples showing the log folder.

I hope this helps!

Nicole

Hi @Nicole_Holm ,

Attached is my log file. I recorded 9 steps in total but I can only see the first step in the log file.

@AndreaSteyn 

That's interesting. That could be why you're getting the invalid steps. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to fix the issue of the missing steps without re-recording the procedure.

Nicole

Check your Timings.json file and ensure that all steps have Valid: true. Another thing to check is that all of the steps have valid start/end times within this file. I can take a look if you upload it to this post. 

Good day @tmccombie ,

Attached is the timings.json file.  All the steps are True and seems to have valid start/end times but maybe I am missing something?

I had to copy the file to a document since the reply does not allow me to attach a json file.

You're right - the steps timings file looks normal. 

Another thing you can check is the browser console during attempted upload of the capture. It may show an error that could help determine the root cause. 

Hello @tmccombie ,

I tried uploading the file again so that I can see if there is anything else that shows up as an error in the browser.  However no if I upload the folder I don't get any error message or invalid step error.

It appears as if it might have been some glitch which has either since been resolved or something else. At least i found that I could edit the videos separately and just upload them. This is not ideal but at least I could still make the video.

Thank you very much for your help.

Top Tags