cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with video recording on HoloLens 2

pjahn
15-Moonstone

Problem with video recording on HoloLens 2

Videos are not recorded correctly on my HoloLens 2. Only very small mp4 files with a size between 40 and 120 kilobytes are stored. I use the latest Windows version on the HoloLens 2 (19041.1106.arm64fre.vb_release_svc_sydney_rel_prod.200605-1330
a.k.a. Windows Holographic, version 2004 - June 2020 Update ) and version 11.11.212.0 of Vuforia Capture.

On the HoloLens 1 I can record videos without problems.

[Capture files (zip) are attached.]

pjahn_0-1593776173323.png

What I already tried/checked:

1. Resetting the HoloLens to factory defaults and reinstall Vuforia Capture app.
  2. Check for latest app version.
  3. Check for latest Windows version.
  4. Disabled/Enabled locations.
  5. Signed out/in.
  6. Deleted the "Vuforia Capture" folder on the file system.
  7. Check for sufficient storage space.
  8. Restarted the HoloLens 2.
  9. Closed all other running apps.
  10. I have tried to record only short sequences.

I can not try it on a different HoloLens 2 because currently I only have one HoloLens 2.

Is there anybody out there who knows this problem when recording videos on the HoloLens 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pjahn
15-Moonstone
(To:tmccombie)

@tmccombie 

Thank you. R&D and support have communicated that to me already. They also found out that upgrading to the latest insider build of Windows solves this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn 

We are investigating this issue internally. Is this consistently reproducible? 

pjahn
15-Moonstone

Yes. This is reproducable. Today was Microsoft patch day. Just updated to the latest Windows OS release on the HoloLens 2. Latest version is now 19041.1109.arm64fre.vb_release_svc_sydney_rel_prod.200709-1217 

The problem is still reproducable. 

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:pjahn)

hi @pjahn 

Apologies on the delay. We are actively working with Microsoft on a fix for this. Reverting back to Hololens build 18362 should resolve the issue. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-recovery#clean-reflash-the-device 

pjahn
15-Moonstone

@tmccombie 

Thank you. R&D and support have communicated that to me already. They also found out that upgrading to the latest insider build of Windows solves this issue.

Announcements
Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection