cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Feature suggestion - Temporary hiding a part in Vuforia Editor model editor should be possible

pjahn
16-Pearl

Feature suggestion - Temporary hiding a part in Vuforia Editor model editor should be possible

Currently it is not possible to hide a part temporarily in Vuforia Editor. This functionality is need to be able to select parts hidden behind a different part. Selecting a hidden part is currently only possible in the structure browser. But when users deal with large assemblies this is tedious. I know hiding parts is possible in the product state editor. This is not what I am writing about here. The users just wants to create part markers for parts that are hidden behind a larger part.

1 REPLY 1

I'm seachring for this feature too. I have to create an instruction to disassembly a large/complex assembly.
The pictures from my example assembly below are from Creo parametric, where it is easy to hide parts to select parts behind. And this state is also only temporarily.
First level of part selection:

mjahrmann_0-1719566118320.png

Second level of part selection:

mjahrmann_1-1719566161165.png

Third level of part selection:

mjahrmann_2-1719566207578.png

The model consists of many hundreds parts and it not really practicable or possible to find them in the model tree in te Vuforia Editor.

So the function to temporarily hide parts is essential to efficiently create procedures.

Top Tags