cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Known issue: Vuforia Expert Capture

ytella
17-Peridot

Known issue: Vuforia Expert Capture

Procedures captured using Hololens2 running the latest OS update result in corrupted video files.

We are working directly with Microsoft on a fix and will update this thread once the issue has been resolved.

As a temporary workaround, HoloLens2 devices can be reverted back Hololens OS version 18362. Please review the documentation below for instructions:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-recovery#clean-reflash-the-device 

If your device has not yet been updated or you have successfully reverted back to OS version 18362, you must disable automatic updates. This can be done in one of two ways:

1. Pause updates for up to 35 days in the device settings: Menu -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Advanced Options -> Pause Updates
  2. Disconnect your device from Wifi (note: this will prohibit use of Spatial Anchors when Capturing a procedure.

Please reference this thread for details on the issue going forward.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi ytella

I would like to know the details.
>Disconnect your device from Wifi (note: this will prohibit use of Spatial Anchors when Capturing a procedure.

Is it possible to use the Spatial Anchors function during capture after returning the OS?

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:ytsubone)

The functionality of spatial anchors is only available when your HoloLens has internet access. The availability of spatial anchors has nothing to do with the Windows OS version.

Disconnecting a HoloLens from WiFi makes it impossible for the HoloLens to download updates. But the best way to temporarily postpone updates on Windows devices (and so on the HoloLens) is to configure appropriate update policies in MDM (Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center (Intune).

Since most people do not only use Vuforia Expert Capture on the HoloLens 2 but also other apps that depend on internet access, option 1 from the original post is the best way. Let's assume that PTC will fix the issue during those 35 days from now.
ytsubone
8-Gravel
(To:pjahn)

Hi pjahn

Thank you very much.
I understood it.

I want to recover HOL2 to 18362. (Using Advanced Recovery Companion)
##################
As a temporary workaround, HoloLens2 devices can be reverted back Hololens OS version 18362. Please review the documentation below for instructions:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-recovery#clean-reflash-the-device
##################
I am looking for a recovery file by referring to this link.
Only the latest .ffu (VB_RELEASE_SVC_SYDNEY_REL_PROD.retail.multi.10.0.19041.1113.ffu) file was available.

Where can I find the recovery files .ffu for 18362?

Thanks,
Tsubone

pjahn
16-Pearl
(To:ytsubone)
Top Tags