cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Problem with video recording on HoloLens 2

pjahn
16-Pearl

Problem with video recording on HoloLens 2

Videos are not recorded correctly on my HoloLens 2. Only very small mp4 files with a size between 40 and 120 kilobytes are stored. I use the latest Windows version on the HoloLens 2 (19041.1106.arm64fre.vb_release_svc_sydney_rel_prod.200605-1330
a.k.a. Windows Holographic, version 2004 - June 2020 Update ) and version 11.11.212.0 of Vuforia Capture.

On the HoloLens 1 I can record videos without problems.

[Capture files (zip) are attached.]

pjahn_0-1593776173323.png

What I already tried/checked:

1. Resetting the HoloLens to factory defaults and reinstall Vuforia Capture app.
  2. Check for latest app version.
  3. Check for latest Windows version.
  4. Disabled/Enabled locations.
  5. Signed out/in.
  6. Deleted the "Vuforia Capture" folder on the file system.
  7. Check for sufficient storage space.
  8. Restarted the HoloLens 2.
  9. Closed all other running apps.
  10. I have tried to record only short sequences.

I can not try it on a different HoloLens 2 because currently I only have one HoloLens 2.

Is there anybody out there who knows this problem when recording videos on the HoloLens 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@tmccombie 

Thank you. R&D and support have communicated that to me already. They also found out that upgrading to the latest insider build of Windows solves this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn 

We are investigating this issue internally. Is this consistently reproducible? 

Yes. This is reproducable. Today was Microsoft patch day. Just updated to the latest Windows OS release on the HoloLens 2. Latest version is now 19041.1109.arm64fre.vb_release_svc_sydney_rel_prod.200709-1217 

The problem is still reproducable. 

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:pjahn)

hi @pjahn 

Apologies on the delay. We are actively working with Microsoft on a fix for this. Reverting back to Hololens build 18362 should resolve the issue. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/hololens-recovery#clean-reflash-the-device 

@tmccombie 

Thank you. R&D and support have communicated that to me already. They also found out that upgrading to the latest insider build of Windows solves this issue.

Top Tags