cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Single Step experience

dmforbes
12-Amethyst

Single Step experience

I would like to know, if there is a way, to have just one step in an experience, and then if that link is embedded into a work station or MES, just that single step/video automatically starts, without the need to select 'start'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dmforbes ,

I asked the PTC R&D in PTC internal blog and received a feedback:

"This is not current functionality for Vuforia Expert Capture."

and further comment of the developer:

"The issue is simple: Studio experiences allow the author to do their own JavaScript and provide lots of hooks for them to monkey with the behavior.

Expert Capture procedure playback provide no hooks to modify any behavior. They procedures are played in a standard one-size-fits-all fashion."

================================

Means this is not possible with the current functionality

And also as workaround you can use a Vuforia Studio experience with one  video widget where you can use a QR code to call the experience and then use a Image Target (pointing to the same QR code / not so good but mostly  works/ in this case you have as Image Target a picure of the QR code/. So when the experience will load you will start the video widget  by javascript 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @dmforbes ,

I am not sure if I understand correctly your question because you mention video and step what could mean different widgets.

What is possible:

- you can have an experience which contains a model widget which source property points  is set to a model with a sequence containing one step / but  it could contains many sequences with many step - in this case the task will be simple the solve the question “ how to start the step X from sequence named XY on experience loading (when it is only one sequence with one step then X=1 and XY=the only existing sequence name). This is no problem and if this is your question I could provide some sample code.

-Because you mention a video. Is this a video widget which should be started and when should be started – on project loading… etc. ?

Hi @dmforbes ,

I am sorry but I wrongly answered this issue as Studio question. So for Expert capture , please ignore my post

no problem.

Hi @dmforbes ,

I asked the PTC R&D in PTC internal blog and received a feedback:

"This is not current functionality for Vuforia Expert Capture."

and further comment of the developer:

"The issue is simple: Studio experiences allow the author to do their own JavaScript and provide lots of hooks for them to monkey with the behavior.

Expert Capture procedure playback provide no hooks to modify any behavior. They procedures are played in a standard one-size-fits-all fashion."

================================

Means this is not possible with the current functionality

And also as workaround you can use a Vuforia Studio experience with one  video widget where you can use a QR code to call the experience and then use a Image Target (pointing to the same QR code / not so good but mostly  works/ in this case you have as Image Target a picure of the QR code/. So when the experience will load you will start the video widget  by javascript 

Top Tags