cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

3D Gauge dissapears

anaclos
12-Amethyst

3D Gauge dissapears

Hello. I am making an AR experience with a Model and a 3D Gauge. I bind the value property of a Slider widget to the property Scale of the Model.  When I select Preview, the 3D Gauge dissapears from the View. If I delete the binding, the 3D Gauge is visible again. Do you know what could be the problem?

Any Ideas are appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yanchen
15-Moonstone
(To:anaclos)

Hi,

Thanks for your sample data.

I reviewed and found out the reason, 3D gauge was not indeed "missing", but displayed too small to see.

Since you set default slider value to 5, and bound to model widget scale property, that means the model will scale up to 500% larger when you preview, which makes 3D gauge too small to view,  so if you can decrease slider widget value property to 0.1 or some other, 3D gauge will display as you wish.

slider.png

Thanks,

Steven

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yanchen
15-Moonstone

Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue.

That bind between Slider and Model widget only has effect on model scale, they have no relationship with 3D Gauge.

Will you please provide your project to me per Share>Export project?

export_project.png

anaclos
12-Amethyst
(To:yanchen)

Thanks for your reply. I send the project
yanchen
15-Moonstone

Hi,

Thanks for your sample data.

I reviewed and found out the reason, 3D gauge was not indeed "missing", but displayed too small to see.

Since you set default slider value to 5, and bound to model widget scale property, that means the model will scale up to 500% larger when you preview, which makes 3D gauge too small to view,  so if you can decrease slider widget value property to 0.1 or some other, 3D gauge will display as you wish.

slider.png

Thanks,

Steven

yanchen
15-Moonstone

Here is an example:

Please set Value property of ScaSlider widget to 0.01, Maximum property of ScaSlider widget to 0.05, Step property of ScaSlider widget to 0.005.

The upper properties value can be adjusted to your scenario.

anaclos
12-Amethyst

Thank you very much!!!

Top Tags