cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

3D geometry disappears once loaded

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

3D geometry disappears once loaded

Hi All,

I've got a problem with an experience turning off the 3D geometry once it has been loaded.  It's been set to visible, but once it has loaded, it flashes up on the screen and then disappears.  I've tried using a toggle widget to control the visibility but to no effect.  The source geometry was a SketchUp file that was exported to FBX and then brought into Studio. When I look at the PVZ file, it's made up of around 1,500 mesh entities, which doesn't seem to be too many.

Attached is a video that shows what happens.  You can see the model (a sports stadium) flash briefly and then it's gone.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Any ideas why?

Many thanks,

Allan

5 REPLIES 5

Allan Thompson​ : Could you please confirm the Studio version you are using and if possible provide us the PVZ file you are using to further advise on the issue.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh,

I'm running the latest versions of Studio 1.8 (0.1.12.1083) and the latest version of the app available on iOS.

Attached is the PVZ file.  It's scale is all wrong - something to do with the SketchUp model I think, but that shouldn't matter.

Many thanks,

Allan

Allan, I did follow the attached video. It's quite anew though, used to occur in Studio 1.4 but not after. Did you notice the same behavior in Studio Preview mode as well?

Hi Giri,

No, the preview shows everything perfectly.  Once the model has loaded, it stays on screen and I can switch to 3D mode and move around fine.

Not sure why, but I deleted the project and started again from scratch and now it's displaying fine.

Top Tags