cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

A bad gateway error is displayed when accessing External Data panel in Vuforia Studio

eyli
12-Amethyst

A bad gateway error is displayed when accessing External Data panel in Vuforia Studio

I configured Thingworx platform to use self-signed certificate and updated Experience Service configuration. I can access Vuforia Studio and connected it to Experience Service server. But a bad gateway error is displayed when accessing External Data panel in Vuforia Studio. What's possible reasons?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:eyli)

My god, it finally works to start ES with --allowssc parameter and "proxies.0.secure = false" settings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@eyli  It appears there is an issue with TWX & ES connectivity or configuration values inside ES configuration.json.  I am suspecting you are having On-premise ES and TWX setup and facing the issue. Please confirm.

Do you see any errors in TWX application logs and ES Terminal when you click external data inside Studio app?

I would suggest enabling the DEBUG level log in ES by running the below command before starting the ES service.  Restart both ES &  tomcat services.

Linux

DEBUG=vxs* ./start-es.sh

Windows

set DEBUG=vxs* start.bat

Review the error that occurred in ES terminal & TWX logs and validate the configuration again. Refer our existing knowledge base article which could be of help -

Configuring an Experience Service to connect to a ThingWorx server using self-signed certificates

Vuforia OnPremise Experience Service SSL certificate configuration

Also, recommend considering the usage of CA-signed certificates since that is most secured and also there has been an issue reported with the latest iOS & Android OS releases where self-signed certificates ( HTTPS) requests are blocked. So, while accessing experience in View app with ES/TWX self-signed SSL enabled you might face additional challenges.

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:dupatel)

I got the following error when I was starting es on Windows.

Error: self signed certificate
at TLSSocket.<anonymous> (_tls_wrap.js:1116:38)
at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:208:7)
at TLSSocket._finishInit (_tls_wrap.js:643:8)
at TLSWrap.ssl.onhandshakedone (_tls_wrap.js:473:38)

eyli
12-Amethyst

My god, it finally works to start ES with --allowssc parameter and "proxies.0.secure = false" settings.

Top Tags