cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

ARKit support available in ThingWorx Studio 8.0.4

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

ARKit support available in ThingWorx Studio 8.0.4

We are excited to announce that ThingWorx Studio 8.0.4, available on September 21, supports Apple’s ARKit. ThingWorx Studio combined with ARKit fuels rapid development of AR experiences for Industrial Enterprises. Available in iOS11, ARKit enables fast, high-quality motion tracking in AR experiences. With this addition to ThingWorx Studio, content creators are able to leverage the camera processors and motion sensors in iOS devices to create highly immersive, spatial AR interactions. This powerful combination allows industrial stakeholders to tap into the latest computer vision technologies to build detailed and compelling virtual 3D content on top of real-world scenes, delivering a whole new level of interactivity.

For more information please visit the ThingWorx Studio Product page.

15 REPLIES 15

This is a great addition to the software.

I have tried to access the experience I have published, unfortunately it says my device may not support spatial tracking. Can you provide a list of devices that are compatible please? I am trying this on an iPad Air 2.

Thanks,

Ross

rsingh-8
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Yes, Even i tried publishing and viewing it but getting error from View app. "Sorry! 3D elements can't be displayed because either spatial tracking isn't supported on this device, or ThingView renderer has not been enabled in Settings". I tried on iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2(2015 model).

Please publish which all models are supported for Spatial Tracking.

Thanks

Ravi

Hello,

I am also getting "Sorry! 3D elements can't be displayed because either spatial tracking isn't supported on this device, or ThingView renderer has not been enabled in Settings". message under Android 6.0. which is supporting under ThinkView. 

bwhelan
12-Amethyst

I presume that anyone trying to use the ARKit MUST​ be using at least iOS11 on their device or else the ARKit simply will not work???

Brian

is it possible that in any further updates they will make this gesture feature available for every smartphone? or instead of apple AR kit there will be something that supports android because 75% people using android only.

So I have updated my iPad Air 2 to iOS 11 and updated the ThingWorx View app to 8.0.4 and have ensured that ThingView is enabled in the settings for the app, but I'm still getting the "Sorry! 3D elements can't be displayed because either spatial tracking isn't supported on this device, or ThingView renderer has not been enabled in Settings"

Tara McCombie​ are you able to provide any more details on this?

Hi Brian,

Yes, iOS 11 is required for ARKit. The iOS device also needs to have an A9, A10 or A11 chip. The devices that meet these requirements are:

• iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
  • iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 or 12.9) – both first-gen and 2nd-gen
  • iPad (2017)
  • iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
  • iPhone X

Hi Allan,

It looks like the iPad Air 2 uses an A8 chip. The iOS device must have an A9, A10 or A11 chip. The devices that meet these requirements are:

• iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
  • iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
  • iPhone SE
  • iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 or 12.9) – both first-gen and 2nd-gen
  • iPad (2017)
  • iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
  • iPhone X
bwhelan
12-Amethyst

Many thanks Tara!!

Thanks Tara.  Time for an upgrade!

The ThingWorx Studio Product page just mentions that there is now support for ARKit for devices with the A9 and higher chip, is there more information somewhere about how to develop experiences in ThingWorx Studio using ARKit?

Hi Erik,

Check out the ThingWorx Studio help section Create and Publish a Spatial Tracking Experience for some additional information.

itu
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Is it possible to access ARKit Api from JS of Thingworx studio?

I too am interested on getting the gesture support for ThingMark based experiences like you can with the Spatial Target, so that the user can explore the model in a more natural way rather than using sliders and buttons. Does anyone know of a way to make this possible using javascript at the moment?

Top Tags