cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Already Have my Own QR Code, What do I do?

kingsbury
3-Visitor

Already Have my Own QR Code, What do I do?

Hello,

I'm running the free trial version for vuforia studio and very new to the mobile app. I am experimenting and wanting to display a CAD model on a QR code that I already have. Would this be possible for me to setup and if so how do I go about doing it? Any pointers or help if I am able to use this example of the QR code I have already or is it not possible?

(Not sure why it flipped sideways sorry)QR_Code_Example.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK thanks for the feedback!

So I think in your case is the best solution for your to make your project able to download /as shown in the picture in previous post -> offline checkbox in on.

You can send via share projects your published experience project to other customers via e-mail So they could click the link there in the mobile device or scan the QR- code and then this will load the project (also is possible if you want that project is not public to ask for credentials)

So , for the positioning of your project you could use an image target of your scanned label (the blue card ..,. without the circle there…). Customers could also download your project and then they could use it without internet connection. Your customers could start the project when one time it was downloaded from the library tab of the Vuforia View app.

2019-07-19_16-59-36.jpg 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @kingsbury ,

- one option is to use your Image Target. So you can make your project able to be used offlen. So when you load it first time on your device you can then downlaod it. Later you can open it via the library tab. Then you can scan you label via scanner  and then used the scanned image as image target. So, when the project is called then you have to set the position by scanning your label with the QR code. - here the QR code is interpreted only as with as part of the whole picture  - the scanned label.

- an other option is - when you create you project - to generated a new QR code of the project. This is the QR code which appear if you select the option -> share > share experience- this is possible option to find/scan your project. In this case you have to incorporate the new QR code on your label. And for the position of your model you can use a spatial target - so mean any surface to set dynamic the position or you can scan the label and use it a s image target

Hi Roland,

Sorry I don't quite understand some of the terms or concepts. I'm better learning as a visual learner and trying to also watch some of the ptc community videos for the vuforia project. For that first option I don't understand the process to take to try and test that I'm sorry. Would you have any screenshots or possibly show me an action of steps 1, 2, 3, etc? 

Also I'm just wanting to see if I can replace the ThingMark with the picture I uploaded instead? Because when I scan the Blue Card QR code I want to use it in Vuforia Studio to add a CAD drawing. Would that be possible with your steps you listed below in an easy manner?

Thanks again for helping and commenting I do really appreciate any kind of help I can get!

Thank You,QR_Code_Example.jpeg

What is this QR code - reading it will say some thing like : http://for.co/104yt

2019-07-17_17-47-36.jpg

The question is could you replace it on this label by another QR code which is generated by Vuforia Studio.

So 2 of  the points I mention in the previous post are:

1.) set the project as public and as offline - so you can download it later on the mobile device

2019-07-17_17-52-34.jpg

2.) create an experience QR code:  action : share the project

2019-07-17_17-56-29.jpg

So again, the question is - could you replace on your label the QR code with the QR code of your project...

This QR code contains a link which is specific for your project - contains server and project reference - this is the link on the left side in the picture "Experience URL"

Hi Roland,

The QR code is going to our website of the customers product. So when you scan it with just any normal QR Code Scanner it will show you the Serial Number and Product Information. But I was wanting to see if simply just taking a picture of the image I have down below and replacing it with a ThingMark was possible. Unfortunately I can't replace it with a Vuforia QR code since our laser software that cuts the metal of these boards creates that. Plus my company is really old school mentality of them is if it isn't broke don't fix it. 

Let me ask you though if I say created a project that I really liked and it did all the functions I needed. How would I go about distributing the QR code to everyone without having to mail them the link? Such as if I'm a customer and I bought a product but they also offer Vuforia Studio projects to see an augmented reality version of their product they just purchased. How would they then receive the product? Would I have to send a customer a link everytime to the Vuforia Project QR Code? (Thanks again for the images I'm getting a better grasp on this thank you)

Thanks again!

OK thanks for the feedback!

So I think in your case is the best solution for your to make your project able to download /as shown in the picture in previous post -> offline checkbox in on.

You can send via share projects your published experience project to other customers via e-mail So they could click the link there in the mobile device or scan the QR- code and then this will load the project (also is possible if you want that project is not public to ask for credentials)

So , for the positioning of your project you could use an image target of your scanned label (the blue card ..,. without the circle there…). Customers could also download your project and then they could use it without internet connection. Your customers could start the project when one time it was downloaded from the library tab of the Vuforia View app.

2019-07-19_16-59-36.jpg 

Awesome! That solved it big time! Thank you so much for the help on this I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and resolve this. Hope you have a good weekend!

Top Tags