cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Animation Embedded into Sequence Won't Play on Vuforia Studio

TR_8485914
1-Newbie

Animation Embedded into Sequence Won't Play on Vuforia Studio

Hello,

I have a complex CAD model that was animated in Creo Parametric. The model has 11 servo motors and 100s (or 1,000s) of parts.

I have embedded the animation into a Creo Illustrate sequence as per 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio/Is-possible-to-Play-an-Animation-not-a-Sequence-in-TWS-from-Creo/m-p/545977 

and the sequence plays fine in Illustrate.

However, I cannot get this sequence to play in Vuforia Studio.

Is this possible? TIA

2 REPLIES 2

Article - "How to create an Animation in Creo Illustrate which could be used in Vuforia Studio": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS266394 

Hi @TR_8485914 ,

as described in CS266394        (as @VladimirN  pointed to)  it should generally  work. So  regarding this technique

2022-11-02_11-17-50.gif

we have to use .fra  file. So you can from Mechanism design export the fra file

2022-11-02_11-29-16.jpg

and create the animation in Creo Illustrate (create first figure type animation and import then animation file (fra))

2022-11-02_11-33-08.jpg

So the animation created from the fra file is a movement split to many singe transformations which will make this complex to handle within Studio when we follow the workaround first to add to a single step as mentioned in the CS266394 . Possibly there could occurs an issue when when you copy the time frame.

So my suggestions is to split the animation in Creo so that you should  not use to many frames in that animation . Let say you have animation over 10 secs. And it contains some actions which is repeated - possibly you can use an one fra  for smaller time frame or you have to create different fra files - and create animations which are in different steps . ( split the animation -  whole animation  is not in the same step)

Another point to reduce the timeframes in Mechanism as shown in the picture  e.g. in the picture form 101 to e.g. 30

2022-11-02_11-42-09.jpg

This will reduce the number of transformation in the Creo Illustrate key frame

So you can simplify you animation (via simplifying of the fra file respectively the studio steps) and so possibly make it more robust the animation that it could work in Studio. Here I attached a demo project which used a mechanism animation as general proof that it should work in Studio 

Announcements
Top Tags