cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Area Targets in Vuforia Studio.

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Area Targets in Vuforia Studio.

At this moment with Vuforia Studio 9.3.2, is possible to use Area Targets in our RA Experiences, ¿are there some examples or guides to implement this tracker?.

I am working with files from Matterport using their SDK and Area Target Generator, ¿is there anyone with experience in this?, I have somo problems with <target>_authoring.glb files.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sebben
12-Amethyst
(To:jgp)

Hi, you can rename the <target_name>_authoring.3dt to <target_name>_authoring.zip.

Then open it and copy the authoringMesh.glb out of it and rename it to <target_name>_authoring.glb.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
dsgnrClarK
16-Pearl

Hi jgp

Would you describe the problems more clearly?

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:dsgnrClarK)

Hi @dsgnrClarK, yes the problem that I found is:

When I use the Area Target Generator to import in Vuforia Studio the app generates several files:

• <target_name>.dat
• <target_name>.unitypackage
• <target_name>.xml
• <target_name>_authoring.3dt
• <target_name>_navmesh.glb
• <target_name>_occlusion.3dt

As the support.ptc.com, I need a zip file composed by the next files to import in Vuforia Studio:
"Upload the <target_name>.zip file that contains your Area Target files. This .zip should include the following files:
• <target_name>.dat
• <target_name>.xml
• <target_name>_authoring.glb
• <target_name>_navmesh.glb (optional for occlusion)"

The problem is that I don´t have the file <target_name>_authoring.glb in my folder ¿¿??.

I don´t know why ¿¿??.

The Area Target files was generated from a Matterport Space, but I can´t found <target_name>_authoring.glb.

Can you help me please??

Best regards

sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi, you can rename the <target_name>_authoring.3dt to <target_name>_authoring.zip.

Then open it and copy the authoringMesh.glb out of it and rename it to <target_name>_authoring.glb.

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:sebben)

Hi @sebben , many thanks for your solution, I tried it and was correct is posibble to extract the <target_name>_authoring.glb file fron the 3dt file.
At the same time a tried another one different, was to extract this file from the unitypackage file and worked too.

But I have now another problem, I can´t use the Microsoft Surface Pro to work with the created experience, works very well in normal phone and in the Ipad Pro, but not in the Surface Pro tablet. I don´t know why. ¿¿??

Thanks again

sebben
12-Amethyst

Hi,

unfortunately Microsoft Tablets are not very well hardware for AR. You will not get good result with them.

danielsang
6-Contributor

Hi,

I met the same issue of missing <target_name>_authoring.glb file after the process from ATG.

But this solution didn't work fine for me. 

I've renamed the <target_name>_authoring.3dt to <target_name>_authoring.zip, but no authoringMesh.glb found in it.

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:danielsang)

Hi @danielsang , it worked fine for me, I found the file created by ATG inside the zip.
You can also get it from the "unitypackage", if you have Unity, you import it and in the project you will have the glb.
But the first option was enough for me.

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:dsgnrClarK)

Hi @sebben, but, for Vuforia Studio I supposed, because with Unity work very well.

What is the tablet that you recommend??

Many thanks

Best regards

sebben
12-Amethyst

I can't really recommend one specific device.

Here is a list of recommended devices: https://library.vuforia.com/platform-support/recommended-devices

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Hi @sebben, yes but in this list is Surface Pro too, and with my AR experience don´t work.

Beste regards.

sebben
12-Amethyst

There is also written :

NOTE: Area Targets are only supported on ARKit or ARCore enabled devices and the Microsoft HoloLens 2. VISLAM enabled devices are not supported.

So Area Targets are not supported for Surface... other features should work, but I believe also not that well as on ARKit and ARCored enabled devices.

jgp
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Hi @sebben, yes, you are right, it´s very clear.

Thanks a lot.

Bets regards

Top Tags