cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

CAD file formats supported in Thingworx Studio (Vuforia)

feil
11-Garnet

CAD file formats supported in Thingworx Studio (Vuforia)

Hi.

Is there some already progress in supporting other CAD-formats in Vuforia Studio? I found a discussion from 2017 where this was promised in future releases. For example a integration of CATIA-Composer file support would be very handy, because we already got several reduced and animated models within this format. Another way would be using the Vuforia engine with Unity in some way, but that would be very inconvenient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:feil)

Vuforia Studio supports .CATpart, and .CATProduct files from CATIA. Below is a screenshot of our current list of supported CAD file formats. The most up to date information on supported file formats can be found in our help center.

CAD.jpgFor CAD animations, Creo Illustrate sequences are the only supported option at this time. Model Items and JavaScript can be used to 'animate' models within Studio as well. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:feil)

Vuforia Studio supports .CATpart, and .CATProduct files from CATIA. Below is a screenshot of our current list of supported CAD file formats. The most up to date information on supported file formats can be found in our help center.

CAD.jpgFor CAD animations, Creo Illustrate sequences are the only supported option at this time. Model Items and JavaScript can be used to 'animate' models within Studio as well. 

feil
11-Garnet
(To:tmccombie)

Thanks. I already found that chart.
I just wanted to know for the animations.

Also I got the information from your sales department, that ptc decided to only support animations out of Illustrate.
That's a pity but understandable. Illustrate is not very powerful and handy at the current state of development in comparison with the CATIA Composer for example IMHO.

Top Tags