Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD optimization looks bad

Re: CAD optimization looks bad

If you're using Creo Parametric for your CAD tool, then I'd create a simplified rep to only include the external parts.  There's a built-in search for doing that which works pretty well:

search_external.png

Re: CAD optimization looks bad

That is a lot of parts, 4k parts and if you are then trying to show 3 versions of that to total 12k parts i can see that being slow.

It sounds like you are starting in Creo. I would try creating a simplified rep and reducing your sub-assemblies to "Envelope Reps". Basically if you don't need to deal with the individual parts of these sub-assemblies you can reduce them to one part. To do this create a new simplified rep view and then switch the sub-assemblies to "Default Envelope Rep", this will step you thru creating a new part to house the envelope, in my test case you can just click thru OK on all of these. Once you have done this for all the sub-assembplied you can "Erase Not Displayed" (not 100% sure this step is necessary) and then you can export a .pvz.

If you have changes to your assembly these envelope reps should update automatically and you can re-export.

2018-09-04 08_44_47-Edit_SIMP_TEST.png

Announcements
Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection