Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Vuforia pulish to .usdz format ?

Highlighted

Copied form a description.

The USDZ file format is used in all iOS Augmented Reality apps, and Apple's development application, ARKit can be used to open and edit the files.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Can Vuforia pulish to .usdz format ?

Hi @Erik_Wendelboe ,

so far I know the USDZ format is not supported yet. Also, there are no known plans for implementation.

Because, I do not have experience myself with application of  this format (believe new in ARKIT 2) , therefore I want  to check it more detailed. I see that this is quite new format and therefore maybe it will take some time if this format will be considered for implementation in Studio.

I want to discuss this topic with our development team. , but I need some additional details:

What are your requirements? E.g. :

- You want to open such format in Studio to integrate it in an existing project?

or/and

-You want to create form Studio such file?

Another point is : What should be a possible application case for you? Means / in case that such file could be created in studio/ How you want to use this file. e.g. applications etc.

Could you mention some example where the usdz file is successful used in an existing AR applications. Thanks!

Re: Can Vuforia pulish to .usdz format ?

Hi 

Sorry for my late reply.

Thanks for your info, 

Erik

Highlighted

Betreff: Can Vuforia pulish to .usdz format ?

I guess one possible solution on current state is to convert the usdz into a FBX file. So you lose the shaders, animation and the entire embedded studio environment. Without tested it yet, you should get a solid (diffuse) coloured model (hopefully kept the structure). 
Does USDZ work by default on the supported versions of android OS?

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Marco

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)
Announcements
Join an
AR Working Group!

Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection