cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can not publish AR experience because the model is too complex

ZL_9884170
12-Amethyst

Can not publish AR experience because the model is too complex

Hi All,

I want to identify a model with Model Target, but this model is too complicated, with 2,650 Parts and 1.7 million faces, when I click the Publish button, the system prompts as follows:

ZL_9884170_0-1635323854884.png

ZL_9884170_1-1635323987530.png

what should I do if I want to identify this model with Model Target?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ZL_9884170 ,

I think the best option is to use a second model for the Model Target. So you can copy you orignal model and simplify so far you can- e.g. remove all inner components and let only the  components displayed  which are important to create model target silhouette (with other words the model projection outline )  for particular view direction. OK in case that you want to have only guided view.I thin in this case a quite simplified model ( significant lower size) could be used instead of the original model. Then you can create the target when you used the simplified model (extra mode lwidget for this) and after the MT creation /definition you can set the model as invisible.

So the best option is to use the original model to create the second model but when you first :

• -remove:
  1.     all inner components
  2.  and all small components
  3. all components which could move
  4. -remove all textures
  5. -optimize the model and use the low details model for the MT definition
  6. -for guided view then check which components will be visible and are important for the creation of the silhouette when you look from specific location and let only these components in the model

- so you need to have then in the project  2 model widgets – one for the display of the original model(possibly you can also simplify it so far as possible)  and second widget where you use the simplified model. After the definition of the MT then set the second /auxiliary model widget to invisible

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ZL_9884170 ,

I think the best option is to use a second model for the Model Target. So you can copy you orignal model and simplify so far you can- e.g. remove all inner components and let only the  components displayed  which are important to create model target silhouette (with other words the model projection outline )  for particular view direction. OK in case that you want to have only guided view.I thin in this case a quite simplified model ( significant lower size) could be used instead of the original model. Then you can create the target when you used the simplified model (extra mode lwidget for this) and after the MT creation /definition you can set the model as invisible.

So the best option is to use the original model to create the second model but when you first :

• -remove:
  1.     all inner components
  2.  and all small components
  3. all components which could move
  4. -remove all textures
  5. -optimize the model and use the low details model for the MT definition
  6. -for guided view then check which components will be visible and are important for the creation of the silhouette when you look from specific location and let only these components in the model

- so you need to have then in the project  2 model widgets – one for the display of the original model(possibly you can also simplify it so far as possible)  and second widget where you use the simplified model. After the definition of the MT then set the second /auxiliary model widget to invisible

Thank you SO MUCH!I will try this way!

I used the method you mentioned, but I have encountered a problem: the model of the entire assembly cannot completely coincide with the actual assembly. Why does the model identify inaccurately? And how can I solve this problem?

ZL_9884170_0-1635405362001.png

(The ratio of the model and the actual object is exactly consistent)

Top Tags