cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can't create new entity in Thingworx composer from my Thingworx Studio trial version

Bhavana18
4-Participant

Can't create new entity in Thingworx composer from my Thingworx Studio trial version

I installed thingworx  studio trial version on my windows 10 PC. I would like to use the composer of the same(my trial version). 

I have tried  creating an New Thing but it posted an error stating

"You do not have permission to create an entity of type Things"

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:Bhavana18)

@Bhavana18 Could you please confirm if you have the right permission to create entity on the ThingWorx instance. If possible please share your Trial instance URL and UserID from which you are trying to create entities. Is it the Administrator account from which you are login and getting error while creating entities ?

-Durgesh

Bhavana18
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Hello @dupatel,

No I don't have permission to create any entity in Thingworx Platform .

Trail URL : https://twx.studio-trial.vuforia.io/Thingworx/

Username: bhavana.n@maxbytetech.com

It is not Administrator account.

Regards,

Bhavana N

Maxbyte Technologies

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Bhavana18 Could you please confirm if the instance owner who started this Studio Trial is able to create things ? Also, are you able to create Things/entities with Administrator account?

-Durgesh

Bhavana18
4-Participant

Hello @dupatel,

I have created Thingworx Studio Trail  from my account.

When I logged in to my Thingworx Platform using my credentials, I am not able to create any Entities in Thingworx Platform and I didn't receive any Administrator account credentials.

Regards,

Bhavana N

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Bhavana18 Thank you for confirming and let me check internally to see if there is any issue with your Trial account.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@Bhavana18: The trial instance you created seems recent which is a multi-tenants https://twx.studio-trial.vuforia.io/Thingworx/ and a shared instance. Before multi-tenant, every account had their own TWX.

All new accounts are now Multi-tenant and in this new trial instance “You cannot import, export, or create additional data”.

-Durgesh

Hi,

how can we use the services offered by composer, if it doesn't give access by default. how to set us as admin as it is not showing no user admin groups.

Top Tags