cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can we import any extension or widget in Vuforia studio just like ThingWorx composer?

ranjank
14-Alexandrite

Can we import any extension or widget in Vuforia studio just like ThingWorx composer?

Hi,

I have two questions:-

1) Can somebody let me confirm that the no of 2D/3D widgets listed under trial Vuforia instance is provided with all the widgets i.e. exact same as that for Licensed version or is there any possibility that the no of widgets present under "Licensed or Trial Vuforia" instance can vary?

2) Can we import any extension/widget in Vuforia studio? If yes, Is there any marketplace for Vuforia studio from where we can download extra extensions/widgets and import in Vuforia studio?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @ranjank ,

according point 1) the answer is no. This is not a license issue. The Vuforia Studio is local, and the server is relevant first when you try to publish a project. So that UI is still the same

2.) yes you can import custom extension and there are some examples for extenstion I could check and send a link of the Article which describes the possible extension- I think this was a post last time. will check ... after I checked  it was a post by @sdidier ,   where the article was mention.  GitHub repository

PTC Article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321903

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:ranjank)

Hello Ranjank,

1. Widgets under trial or licensed versions are the same
  2. Yes an Extension system exists in Vuforia Studio.

I have never heard that a marketplace exists about Extension to Vuforia Studio.

Please see this article to have some more details and examples about Extensions :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321903

Best regards,

Samuel

Best regards,

Samuel

ranjank
14-Alexandrite
(To:sdidier)

Why these extra 4 widgets present under GIT repository are not being provided on Vuforia Studio in advance?

sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:ranjank)

Hello Ranjank,

I don't have any reasons about that.

I suppose that it was some new behaviors to add in Vuforia Studio.

Maybe because the result was not the one expected or another solution was found ; these Extensions have been released like open source.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags