cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can we load all the pvz file in project at the start of viewing any AR Experience in Vuforia View

anupds
12-Amethyst

Can we load all the pvz file in project at the start of viewing any AR Experience in Vuforia View

Hi All ,

Is it possible to load all pvz file related to different AR view ( pages) created in Vuforia Studio at the initial stage when ever we start to view any AR experience in Vuforia View .

Whenever I am trying to view any AR view every time it will load a model pvz for that particular view only which take lot of time and again if I try to view some other AR view this procedure is repeated.

Is there any js code that can be written to load all pvz file related to complete project at the start of viewing it in Vuforia View

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @anupds ,

thanks for your feedback!

Ok I did not check it in the current version but I will check now the behavior.

so my understanding was that it will load the experience completely / also all things that are in the project and upload folder will be loaded when the project is first time scanned. As mention will check it next time and will provide a feedback.

So , when I understand your statement correctly you observed that only a pvz which will be loaded at a current time will be loaded to the end device? right? 

In this case we can do for example the following workaround:

you can:

-call a temporary view as start view where you have for each model which you want to download a model widget

-using the modellaod event listener when everything is loaded then you could call a first view.

Another option is to download the experience / when you allow it to be used offline model

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @anupds ,

I am not sure if I inkstand the problem correctly. 

When you load a  studio project, it will load the project and in the normal case the upload folder which contains all models / pvz file. This means that there all pvz file will be downloaded to your device.

when you open a particular view, it will try to display the model / models which are references by the model widget on this view.  Is this the problem. So I am not sure if we can accelerate this process without model simplification

In case you can try to have in a view more than one model widget and display only one model at the current time and the other model widget set the hidden and change then the visibility of the different model widget. But I do not think that this is a good option when you have many complex models

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thanks a lot for your reply .

I need some more clarification in this . 

As you said that : When you load a  studio project, it will load the project and in the normal case the upload folder which contains all models / pvz file. This means that there all pvz file will be downloaded to your device.

Views.png

In my case I don't thing so that all pvz file are getting downloaded to the device as soon as I start viewing the experience.

Every  individual pvz file is getting loaded only when I am trying to view that particular page/view model 

For example I have a Home Page/View and Page2 Page/View , so if I start viewing this experience in Vuforia View and navigate to Home it will load Model pvz for Home only , and after this I navigate to Page2 it will again load Model pvz for this view , which is time taking job for me.

Is there any solution to load all pvz as soon as I start viewing the experience. 

Hi @anupds ,

thanks for your feedback!

Ok I did not check it in the current version but I will check now the behavior.

so my understanding was that it will load the experience completely / also all things that are in the project and upload folder will be loaded when the project is first time scanned. As mention will check it next time and will provide a feedback.

So , when I understand your statement correctly you observed that only a pvz which will be loaded at a current time will be loaded to the end device? right? 

In this case we can do for example the following workaround:

you can:

-call a temporary view as start view where you have for each model which you want to download a model widget

-using the modellaod event listener when everything is loaded then you could call a first view.

Another option is to download the experience / when you allow it to be used offline model

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Thanks a lot for your workaround to call a temporary view , I shall try this .

And yes Offline download is also a option for this.

Thank for your help in this. 

Top Tags