cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Copy project from ES Server back to Author's client PC

HectorAtLmco
7-Bedrock

Copy project from ES Server back to Author's client PC

Hello!

As the title says, I have a few experiences running 100% OK. What I need to do is copy them to make modifications. I tried doing it by hand, but when I try to open one in Studio, the software just hangs at the "Initializing Project..." screen and it never moves forward. Does anyone know what I am missing? Surely, an admin should be able to get a copy of an experience, correct? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HectorAtLmco ,

how did you try to copy the Vuforia Studio Project to the local machine? I believe you simple try to copy  the directory form the Experience Service as project? Or did you try some other methods?

But I believe to copy project directory form the ES folder is the only one available option . We could find the  folder as specified in the project section if the configuration json on the ES installation e.g. 

"projects": {
    "storePath": "D:/Vuforia-Studio-ES/studio-es-store/projects",
    "staticOps": {
      "maxAge": "1 second"
    }

So when we check  the experience servrer  folder it seem not to be the same - compared to the i  project folder in the Studio local installation - sample project:2022-03-16_20-06-07.jpg

So if you do not use External data - I think the best option will be to create a new project and to replace the files /data form the mentioned folders

View.js and View.json e.g. Home.js and Home.json and all resources but also  app.css file for the styles

If you have a Thingworx data then you need also  Data.json, metadata.json and Device.json here in the example form the folder

Local
\Projects\TWXRepositoryModelWidgetTest\src\shared\components
ES Server
D:\Vuforia-Studio-ES\studio-es-store\projects\twxrepositorymodelwidgettest\app\shared\components

Possibly this is not the only opton available -and somebody could share it but , I used this workaround sometimes and it was working for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

What version are you using?

Hello. Sorry for the delay. We have 9.2.x across the ES Server, ThingWorx and the Clients. 

Hi @HectorAtLmco ,

how did you try to copy the Vuforia Studio Project to the local machine? I believe you simple try to copy  the directory form the Experience Service as project? Or did you try some other methods?

But I believe to copy project directory form the ES folder is the only one available option . We could find the  folder as specified in the project section if the configuration json on the ES installation e.g. 

"projects": {
    "storePath": "D:/Vuforia-Studio-ES/studio-es-store/projects",
    "staticOps": {
      "maxAge": "1 second"
    }

So when we check  the experience servrer  folder it seem not to be the same - compared to the i  project folder in the Studio local installation - sample project:2022-03-16_20-06-07.jpg

So if you do not use External data - I think the best option will be to create a new project and to replace the files /data form the mentioned folders

View.js and View.json e.g. Home.js and Home.json and all resources but also  app.css file for the styles

If you have a Thingworx data then you need also  Data.json, metadata.json and Device.json here in the example form the folder

Local
\Projects\TWXRepositoryModelWidgetTest\src\shared\components
ES Server
D:\Vuforia-Studio-ES\studio-es-store\projects\twxrepositorymodelwidgettest\app\shared\components

Possibly this is not the only opton available -and somebody could share it but , I used this workaround sometimes and it was working for me.

Top Tags