cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Create a screendump | Access the camera in Vuforia Studio

gbirnzain
10-Marble

Create a screendump | Access the camera in Vuforia Studio

We have the strong need to document the steps during an experience. We want to save the displayed information (AR model + real background) and send this content to THINGWORX for follow up documentation purposes.

Is there a way to get to the real time feed, camera object or anything else to obtain a still of the currently displayed image

So far I found the JavaScript Object "Camera" in the sourcecode offering the method getPictureData as well as getPictureURL; however I do not get the image data when I execute this method on the mobile device.

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:gbirnzain)

@gbirnzain I m not sure if we have a direct feature to capture details of your use case however checking internally if there are workarounds to achieve this at the moment in Studio.

-Durgesh

A_Macierzynski
14-Alexandrite
(To:dupatel)

@dupatel 

Hi! Any info about screenshot in Vuforia Studio?

I am intrested in the screenshot option in Hololens. Then I would like to use this screenshot for other features like PDF generation.

What you think? Is it possible?

Regards!

Adam

@A_Macierzynski -  We do not have this feature available in Studio  however not sure of any workaround available.

Is your use case is like capturing details or procedure ?  Not sure about exact use case however would like to share that we have added a new product Vuforia Capture  which you could check out/explore.

-Durgesh

Top Tags