cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Illustrate Installation: License issue

Asiya
9-Granite

Creo Illustrate Installation: License issue

I used "VS420607ED1040-YJWM-KD98" as described in "Getting Started with Vuforia studio", chapter 4, point 4, page 27 for licensing Creo Illustrate. But I received the following message: !Error!. I repeated it several times. the result is the same. Help me! How can I license my Creo Illustrate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asiya
9-Granite
(To:Asiya)

I found the solution: I installed requested in update KB2999226 for Universal C Runtime. After update I can use license process properly.    

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
tmccombie
21-Topaz I

When you select "Install Licensing" are you getting a pop up that requests credentials? If so, are you using your ptc.com account login information? 

Asiya
9-Granite
(To:tmccombie)

Yes, I used my used my ptc.com account.

Asiya
9-Granite

I found the solution: I installed requested in update KB2999226 for Universal C Runtime. After update I can use license process properly.    

amitandtv
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

Hi @tmccombie,

could you please guide on how to get Creo Illustrate ?I have Vuforia Studio trial and one of the activation email from PTC said that i can access Creo Illustrate with my Studio Trial. But when i go to the studio portal and try to download the installation instruction

s, I get apage not found error. I really need help as I'm trying to build a use case for our organisation and have not much time left.

Screenshot of the issue below.

Illustrator Issue.png

Thanks.

amitandtv
5-Regular Member

Hi @Asiya

Could you please provide me with link to download Creo Illustrate, I'm trying to download it from my studio portal but it says document not found. I'm desperate to get started with it as I have a use case to build but cannot find the download link to Illustrate anywhere.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Asiya
9-Granite
(To:amitandtv)

On the main page of Vuforia Studio there is a link to the Getting Started Guide(PDF). In this document, in point 4, Obtain and Install PTC Creo Illustrate (Optional) describes how to download and install Creo Illustrate

amitandtv
5-Regular Member

Hi @Asiya ,

Thanks fro your response and apologies for the delayed reply. we have been trying to solve this mystery of downloading Creo Illustrate. 

As you mentioned, We tried to navigate to the Getting Started Guide(PDF) from Studio's home page. But it just goes to the document not found page. Please see the screenshot below and in my first post. Any Ideas around this? Also, do you have a subscription to Vuforio Studio or you are using a trial license?

Thanks.

Illustrator Issue.png

Asiya
9-Granite
(To:amitandtv)

Hi @amitandtv,

was talking  the document Getting Started Guide(PDF) from Studio's home page here see image in attachment.

Please, don't get it from "Add an Animated Sequence to your Experience!" section as shown in your e-mail.

Anyway You can get it by follow link:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/studio.thingworx.com/documents/StudioGettingStarted-en.pdf

amitandtv
5-Regular Member

OMG @Asiya

I cannot believe that oit was in front of my eyes all this time and I couldn't see it. Thanks you so so much mate for helping me with this. What gets me that n one from PTC support has bothered to answer my queries till not. I have opened other threads and have contacted the support directly but no answer. If this is the sort of support we will be getting after buying the product, I might stay away from it.

Still a big thanks to you, this had become very frustrating for me and finally I have Illustrate working. I would like to be in contact with you to see how your projects are moving with studio. If you don't mind I will PM you my linkedIn profile and we can connect there.

Thanks again, your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi, I run into this issue as well. However I am not getting the "error" msg, I was stuck at a "Processing..." msg for more than a hour and nothing happens.

Any one know what is going on? Thanks

Top Tags