cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Display PDF files in Hololens

PhilipB
8-Gravel

Display PDF files in Hololens

Hello,

Trying to figure out a way of displaying .pdf files in a AR-experience using Hololens. To do it with a smart phone/ tablet works fine since you cna work with the 2D-canvas. 

However it becomes trickier when using Hololens. Ideally I would like it to work something like this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrZUXxcfaA8

In this video different information popups apear, however I think this is 3D-image widgets which I'm able to create. But would be better to actually try to import a .pdf file and make it apear as a popup like the images. 

Is there anyway to that?

ps. Using Hololens 1.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @PhilipB ,

to see the pdf on a surface it should be a picture on 3d Image or you can use some kind of shader which could read and interpret the pdf format - I do not think that this is trivial. 

you could use ,may be,  some techniques to convert the pdf file to svg file format first (which is as a vector graphic) and use the svg file instead. For example , refer to the overflow post(Convert PDF to clean SVG? [closed])

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Allright thanks for the answer! Then I know atleast that it isn't a feature that is possible for now. 

I'm new in the world of app development with HoloLens and with UWP apps in general. I have basic training of C# and Unity, and started to know how works HoloLens in general.

Top Tags