I experienced this a couple times and I've been working with PTC software for 19 years...so I have good intuition as to what a bug is versus intended functionality! And this feels like a bug.
I used mate to position my Thingmark to the 3D model. Later, I added a 3D label widget and previewed my experience to find out that my Thingmark was now randomly placed out in space away from the 3d model. My Canvas still showed the Thingmark located on the 3D model correctly. I saved project...exit Thingworx studio and then reopened my project to see that the Thingmark was now placed incorrectly like the preview previously showed.
My request is to ensure that the transform position of the 3d model with respect to the transform position of the thingmark be VERY sticky.
Other users - Please reply or add comments if you experience a similar issue. I don't want to waste PTC's tech support or developers time if I'm the only one experiencing this.
I'd be interested in the steps to reproduce. Did you mate the 3D Label as well? If so, with the model?
It would be great if you could share a screenshot of it looks like and how it should look like - just to get an idea where the misplacement happens.
I've tried to reproduce the behavior with some standard elements, but the Thingmark will stay in place (at least with my test scenario).
Thanks for trying to repeat. I did not mate the 3D label to the model.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to repeat the issue where the position of the thingmark on the canvas doesn't match the position in Preview or my thingworx view app anymore. I've seemed to be able to move past the issue. If it happens again, I'll take pictures of my canvas and preview to paste here.
I'm probably asking too much of the software at this time. I'm also wanting the mate condition to hold it's constraint to the surface a little better. If I mate the thingmark to the model and then translate or modify the scale the model, the thingmark doesn't stick to the surface. I'm sure this is intended functionality at this time...but something in the future for a nice to have.
No worries then.
Whenever you encounter this again, just let us know and we can follow up.
As for the scaling - this I can reproduce and it indeed is something that can be improved. I'll follow up with R&D on this aspect then
Forgot to update the ticket-number - so we can track it later... it's TCB-298