cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Enhancement Request: Microphone access on tablets

whity
16-Pearl

Enhancement Request: Microphone access on tablets

Hello, 

I would like to start an enhancement request: Giving Vuforia View microphone access. There have already been a number of inquiries on the subject, which shows its relevance (see link list below). Microphone access is important because of following features:

• Using voice commands makes usage similar to Hololens. Crossover platform compatibility is available, why not use it?
  • Typing on digital tablet keyboard is slowing processes down. Using dictation function is much more effective and enhances productivity.
  • Taking photos is possible, but not videos. Trying to record videos makes Vuforia View crash, maybe because of access restriction of microphone.
  • Dictation function is great for work task reports. Having a good documentation of your work done with AR support is key to quality and improvements. Laborious operation will result in rejection.

Please let me know how PTC & customers think about that. 

Best regards,

whity

Enable microphone on mobile devices? - PTC Community

How to add audio voice command during sequencing - PTC Community

Voice commands & script(Application Events inside ... - PTC Community

Article - CS313303 - How to enable microphone on mobile devices (ptc.com)

Jira Ticket: DT-24610

1 REPLY 1
sdidier
17-Peridot
(To:whity)

Hello Whity,

It has been already reported to R&D and Product Managers by some some other customers.

Another link to an article about videos :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs372364

As far I know, Product Managers are looking that.

Best regards,

Samuel

Top Tags