cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Enhancement Request "Delete all downloaded and bookmarked experiences from the Vuforia View"

Sandy_Gunner
14-Alexandrite

Enhancement Request "Delete all downloaded and bookmarked experiences from the Vuforia View"

Dear Community Members,

I believe many of you are encountering difficulties when trying to delete downloaded and bookmarked experiences from Vuforia View on your devices all at once.

As it stands, I understand that you are deleting experiences individually, following the method outlined here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS351594 

This process, however, only allows for the deletion of single experience at a time. I think, it will be more efficient to have the functionality (button within the vuforia view application ) to delete all downloaded and bookmarked experiences in one go.

If any of you have discovered a more effective method for mass-deleting experiences, please do not hesitate to share it .

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sandy

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Sandy,

if you are using Android devices this can be achieved with the "Clear Data" functionality. Samsung - just as an example - provides documentation here.

On iOS and iPadOS there is no equivalent to this. PTC would have to implement a functionality to wipe the app data of Vuforia View. Some apps provide this in the Settings of iOS/iPadOS. For Vuforia View there is only the funcationality to clear the cache.

Sandy_Gunner
14-Alexandrite
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn ,

Thank you for your prompt response. I understand that it is possible to clear data on Android devices. However, the only method currently available to completely clear the data of Vuforia View (including downloaded and bookmarked experiences) on iOS devices is by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. We wish to eliminate the need to uninstall and reinstall Vuforia View simply to delete data. It is also mentioned that clearing the cache does not affect experiences that have been downloaded for offline use within the settings of the Vuforia View application. We strongly believe that PTC needs to implement functionality within the Vuforia View application interface to wipe all app data (especially downloaded and bookmarked experiences) at once, which will help maintain the confidentiality of AR data. Please convey this enhancement request to PTC's R&D team.

Top Tags