cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Enhancement request access camera and save photo in repository

whity
16-Pearl

Enhancement request access camera and save photo in repository

Hi, there where two post about this topic, but I’d like bring it up again.

See: 1st post and 2nd post

Is there any possibility to access the camera, take a picture and send it to thingworx. This could be handy in multiple situations.

Troubleshooting: Make a photo of faulty parts to let it be analyzed in a later stage.

Documentation: Make photos of all steps performed to keep in mind, what was done.

I know that expert capture can cover up some of the points, but the use cases are different, though.

Kind regards,

whity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @whity ,

I think the mention posts represent the issue and there is no something to add.

• The current PTC strategy is developing a tool for capturing of experience - expert capture and therefore such development (to capture pictures or video) is not currently considered as important at PTC. There is currently a request in the internal development community which status is still active
  • As mention in the second post there is a simple way on android to take a picture. There was bug with the image quality, but this should be fixed on the mean time in the latest release. Unfortunately, there is not such functionality yet in Studio on IOS and HoloLens. You can try to use some external APIs for capturing of the screen. To be able to integrate such API in Studio we need:
  • This API should be available on the desired end platform

This API should support javascript or angular.js /with other words should provide some libraries for the specific platform and programing language .

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @whity ,

I think the mention posts represent the issue and there is no something to add.

• The current PTC strategy is developing a tool for capturing of experience - expert capture and therefore such development (to capture pictures or video) is not currently considered as important at PTC. There is currently a request in the internal development community which status is still active
  • As mention in the second post there is a simple way on android to take a picture. There was bug with the image quality, but this should be fixed on the mean time in the latest release. Unfortunately, there is not such functionality yet in Studio on IOS and HoloLens. You can try to use some external APIs for capturing of the screen. To be able to integrate such API in Studio we need:
  • This API should be available on the desired end platform

This API should support javascript or angular.js /with other words should provide some libraries for the specific platform and programing language .

Top Tags