cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancementrequest CAD Import Meta

SOLVED
Aquamarine

Enhancementrequest CAD Import Meta

By importing a pvz file, the CAD-import removes all meta-data. It would be great to have the possibility to select, what you want to be kept in the data.

Right now, it is only possible with much afford. I use a special pvz-extractor, which runs through my file and creates a json. Later I have to load the json file by code and assign it again to the respective parts.

With this tool, one could provide his customers a huge advantage. You can remove any part just by clicking. You can receive meta-data like material from any part.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enhancementrequest CAD Import Meta

Hi @whity,

I think the basic idea in this request is comprehensible for me but on the other hand we cannot say general what kind of the metadata should be transferred to Studio. We need to keep in mind that the CAD data is much more complex as the augmentation data  and we need to compress it to some light ware  data which could be better handled for display on mobile devices and also need to be downloaded to the end device via the mobile internet connection or WLAN. Therefore, we need more precise specification what metadata you need to have.

Another problem is that we do not have an attribute or parameter on the Studio side which could read and display this metadata- so this means the enhancement should affect both – the converter / optimizer tool but also the Studio implementation itself e.g. of modelitem or mode widgets internal implementations

Currently in Vuforia Studio if we have more detailed requirements about desired functionality, we can report it as Jira Ticket to the PTC R&D

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Enhancementrequest CAD Import Meta

Hi @whity,

I think the basic idea in this request is comprehensible for me but on the other hand we cannot say general what kind of the metadata should be transferred to Studio. We need to keep in mind that the CAD data is much more complex as the augmentation data  and we need to compress it to some light ware  data which could be better handled for display on mobile devices and also need to be downloaded to the end device via the mobile internet connection or WLAN. Therefore, we need more precise specification what metadata you need to have.

Another problem is that we do not have an attribute or parameter on the Studio side which could read and display this metadata- so this means the enhancement should affect both – the converter / optimizer tool but also the Studio implementation itself e.g. of modelitem or mode widgets internal implementations

Currently in Vuforia Studio if we have more detailed requirements about desired functionality, we can report it as Jira Ticket to the PTC R&D

View solution in original post

Announcements
Topics available:
AR/VR for Data Optimization AR/VR for Security and Control AR/VR for Inspection