cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Experience Downloaded Service Trigger

ttambur
9-Granite

Experience Downloaded Service Trigger

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a event that can be tracked to trigger a service if an experience offline download has been triggered?

I am trying to track whether our users are making use of offline experience download and have searched but cannot find anything such as scope.$on('download'... Does something like this exist?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Hello @ttambur ,

May be it is good first  to clarify where you want to check if the experience is downloaded?

-On server - in the server log or in the experience project itself , should "know" that it was downloaded. (so I will understand your comment scope.$on('download'...  it looks like a   definition attempt for a listener in the Home.js)

So far I know we do not have in Studio such method. E.g. we can not find such event in the list according to the article – it is regarding a list of all possible events in Studio : https://community.ptc.com/t5/Vuforia-Studio-and-Chalk-Tech/List-of-Vuforia-Studio-events-which-we-could-be-used-as-listener/ta-p/613258

But, let say you have an  experience where user is calling some functionality – so we can detect that user is working active (e.g. tracking event , eye vector) -in this case you can try to call some Thingworx service and if it does not work /because no internet connection is available – then this could indicates that experience is called without ability to connect to TWX  and is possibly in offline mode (when the experience is specified as  Allow download for offline viewing)

Another point is you can test with an experience and download it and check what info you can find in the experience service log. I did not test it by my self , possibly  there should be some message pointing on the download of the experience.

Top Tags