cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Export/Import of Animation in Creo Illustrate

dbseger
6-Contributor

Export/Import of Animation in Creo Illustrate

How do I export an animation (Figure and Steps) created in Creo Illustrate and import it into another Creo Illustrate project?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @dbseger ,

first I want to point that to copy figure and step from one model to another - it should refer to the same model. Means the same path ids / corresponding property in Studio- Component Occurrence  property /

For example when we have similar the same models but where the components id are different - this will make such import export meaningless. Therefore, is to consider what is the goal. Is the same Model Assembly or is this subset of it? Are the components ids / creo parametric feature id / assembly component feat id / the same?

It's the same model.  I simply can't find a way to copy a figure and steps and get it form one project to another project.  I found where I can save a figure but the steps don't show up when I add the figure to the other project.

additional point is that the sequence / in Creo Illustrate the Figure/  when you publish the in Illustrate project to a pvz file it makes there for each sequence a extra pvi file. So e.g. you can rename the pvz file to zip and extract the pvi file - or /not supported/ when it is still the same pvs behind you can add it to other pvz file. But when there is difference in the pvs structure file (this is the creo View assembly file which is  contained by the pvz) then it will definitely not work.

- Unfortunately, I do not have information that such option is  possible-> to copy a complete figure form one part to another.

1.) but you can copy a step from one Creo Illustrate session to another:

2020-08-14_15-58-02.jpg

2.) you can copy the Creo Illustrate file  c3di to another name and then change it by some Creo Illustrate operation like: copy a figure, copy a step, copy step to other figure, reverse the Step, reverse the sequence  ... etc. and save it into the new file. I think this will be the option I will prefer.

I must have a different version of Illustrate.  Haha. 

There is no copy for a figure.  Only duplicate.  I can copy and paste steps within an Illustrate session but not between two sessions.  Paste on a step is grayed out when moving to the other session.

Top Tags