cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

External Data in Thingworx Studio not updated

gbirnzain
10-Marble

External Data in Thingworx Studio not updated

Thingworx Studio 1.9.1 0 .1.13.1148

My experience should display live data from a connected thing from our thingworx server. I encountered several issues with the value binding and auto-refresh feature.

I managed to enable the auto refresh not by binding the property, but by binding the service method GetPropertyValues.

Then the property change triggered by hand with a value change in the Thingworx Composer was propagated and the value in the preview window was updated correctly.

However the issue remains with the published experience in Thingworx View app on IOS.

does not work in preview & and published experience

doesnotwork.PNG

this works in preview but not in published experience

Any suggestion is very apprecciated

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:gbirnzain)

Hi gbirnzain​,

Are there any error in ThingWorx Application/communication logs when you try to access the Experience in ThingWorx View?

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Yes! In fact there are

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@6f54653][message: Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetPropertyValues in.....]

I suppose this is because the experience is published unauthorized. I already found the section in Thingworx Studio (and the hint "For more information, see Configuring Public Access to ThingWorx in the Help Center."
but the link is broken

it works when I set the experience to "Requires Authentication"

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:gbirnzain)

Hi gbirnzain​,

So, it seems that either the 'Configuration Public Access to ThingWorx' is not there for your instance or some permissions are missing.

Could you please check that does a user named es-public-access and an application key with the same name already exist on your ThingWorx server?

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

In addition to this; you must have created some entities i.e. Things with Properties & Services in ThingWorx. Did you provide visibilty and runtimetime permissions for these entities to es-public-access and the anonymus user?

[Not authorized for ServiceInvoke on GetPropertyValues in.....] indicates that permissions to the entities are missing.

Adding the es-publich-access solved the problem.

The experience is now available public and the property updates work.

Top Tags