cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

FEM analysis in Vuforia studio

lundha
6-Contributor

FEM analysis in Vuforia studio

Hi,

In the same way as adding streamlines from Creo Flow Analysis(https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/How-to-add-streamlines-from-Creo-Flow-Analysis/m-p/563464 Where the streamlines are exported from Creo Flow Analysis), I wonder if it is possible to do the same with structural analysis. E.g FEM visualization in Vuforia studio. (Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACqirpuxvk).

I would like to visualize the structural analysis using AR.

Cheers,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @lundha,

one thing I tested is the result of static analysis with Creo Simulate. The previous name was Creo Mechanica -  the engine is not ANSYIS  but the results windows used the same functionality - so I think also an ANSYS results could be display on the same way

For Creo Simulate static analysis then we could have the following resutls

2019-07-30_23-12-06.jpg

So we can save the results to *.pvs format . This will save a pvs and ol file. We can create a zip file containing both and rename the extension to pvz. Then we can import the pvz result file:

2019-07-30_23-15-29.jpg

As shown on the picture we can display a color plot and deformation state.

I tested if a Creo Static large deformation analysis with custom interval could be imported. These results could be shown in the Creo Simulate results windows as animation:

2019-07-31_00-38-58.jpg

Creo Simulate Large def result - Test YouTube

So, the analysis definition I tested in Creo Simulate should looks like:

2019-07-30_23-30-50.jpg

Then we can set in the result windows definition the output interval what we want to display - means the force here will vary from 0 -100%

2019-07-30_23-28-18.jpg

We can export different steps and *.pvs + *.ol and then we can show in Vuforia Studio  different steps (here I used 2 different model widget but we can also set the model source property of the same model widget e.g. javaScript

2019-07-30_23-26-56.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not get it working as continuous animation yet. But if I create to many steps – e.g. 100 steps (this will require very long calculation) – in this case I will have to export 100 different models (pvz) and then I could switch between them in the model widget via JavaScript this will looks like a continuous animation, I hope

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi  @lundha,

one thing I tested is the result of static analysis with Creo Simulate. The previous name was Creo Mechanica -  the engine is not ANSYIS  but the results windows used the same functionality - so I think also an ANSYS results could be display on the same way

For Creo Simulate static analysis then we could have the following resutls

2019-07-30_23-12-06.jpg

So we can save the results to *.pvs format . This will save a pvs and ol file. We can create a zip file containing both and rename the extension to pvz. Then we can import the pvz result file:

2019-07-30_23-15-29.jpg

As shown on the picture we can display a color plot and deformation state.

I tested if a Creo Static large deformation analysis with custom interval could be imported. These results could be shown in the Creo Simulate results windows as animation:

2019-07-31_00-38-58.jpg

Creo Simulate Large def result - Test YouTube

So, the analysis definition I tested in Creo Simulate should looks like:

2019-07-30_23-30-50.jpg

Then we can set in the result windows definition the output interval what we want to display - means the force here will vary from 0 -100%

2019-07-30_23-28-18.jpg

We can export different steps and *.pvs + *.ol and then we can show in Vuforia Studio  different steps (here I used 2 different model widget but we can also set the model source property of the same model widget e.g. javaScript

2019-07-30_23-26-56.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not get it working as continuous animation yet. But if I create to many steps – e.g. 100 steps (this will require very long calculation) – in this case I will have to export 100 different models (pvz) and then I could switch between them in the model widget via JavaScript this will looks like a continuous animation, I hope

lundha
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thank you.

This seem managable if Im able to create all the steps, next part would be to play the animation on the HoloLens. 

Top Tags