cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

FEM analysis in Vuforia studio

lundha
6-Contributor

FEM analysis in Vuforia studio

Hi,

In the same way as adding streamlines from Creo Flow Analysis(https://community.ptc.com/t5/Studio/How-to-add-streamlines-from-Creo-Flow-Analysis/m-p/563464 Where the streamlines are exported from Creo Flow Analysis), I wonder if it is possible to do the same with structural analysis. E.g FEM visualization in Vuforia studio. (Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACqirpuxvk).

I would like to visualize the structural analysis using AR.

Cheers,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @lundha,

one thing I tested is the result of static analysis with Creo Simulate. The previous name was Creo Mechanica -  the engine is not ANSYIS  but the results windows used the same functionality - so I think also an ANSYS results could be display on the same way

For Creo Simulate static analysis then we could have the following resutls

2019-07-30_23-12-06.jpg

So we can save the results to *.pvs format . This will save a pvs and ol file. We can create a zip file containing both and rename the extension to pvz. Then we can import the pvz result file:

2019-07-30_23-15-29.jpg

As shown on the picture we can display a color plot and deformation state.

I tested if a Creo Static large deformation analysis with custom interval could be imported. These results could be shown in the Creo Simulate results windows as animation:

2019-07-31_00-38-58.jpg

Creo Simulate Large def result - Test YouTube

So, the analysis definition I tested in Creo Simulate should looks like:

2019-07-30_23-30-50.jpg

Then we can set in the result windows definition the output interval what we want to display - means the force here will vary from 0 -100%

2019-07-30_23-28-18.jpg

We can export different steps and *.pvs + *.ol and then we can show in Vuforia Studio  different steps (here I used 2 different model widget but we can also set the model source property of the same model widget e.g. javaScript

2019-07-30_23-26-56.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not get it working as continuous animation yet. But if I create to many steps – e.g. 100 steps (this will require very long calculation) – in this case I will have to export 100 different models (pvz) and then I could switch between them in the model widget via JavaScript this will looks like a continuous animation, I hope

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi  @lundha,

one thing I tested is the result of static analysis with Creo Simulate. The previous name was Creo Mechanica -  the engine is not ANSYIS  but the results windows used the same functionality - so I think also an ANSYS results could be display on the same way

For Creo Simulate static analysis then we could have the following resutls

2019-07-30_23-12-06.jpg

So we can save the results to *.pvs format . This will save a pvs and ol file. We can create a zip file containing both and rename the extension to pvz. Then we can import the pvz result file:

2019-07-30_23-15-29.jpg

As shown on the picture we can display a color plot and deformation state.

I tested if a Creo Static large deformation analysis with custom interval could be imported. These results could be shown in the Creo Simulate results windows as animation:

2019-07-31_00-38-58.jpg

Creo Simulate Large def result - Test YouTube

So, the analysis definition I tested in Creo Simulate should looks like:

2019-07-30_23-30-50.jpg

Then we can set in the result windows definition the output interval what we want to display - means the force here will vary from 0 -100%

2019-07-30_23-28-18.jpg

We can export different steps and *.pvs + *.ol and then we can show in Vuforia Studio  different steps (here I used 2 different model widget but we can also set the model source property of the same model widget e.g. javaScript

2019-07-30_23-26-56.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not get it working as continuous animation yet. But if I create to many steps – e.g. 100 steps (this will require very long calculation) – in this case I will have to export 100 different models (pvz) and then I could switch between them in the model widget via JavaScript this will looks like a continuous animation, I hope

lundha
6-Contributor
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Thank you.

This seem managable if Im able to create all the steps, next part would be to play the animation on the HoloLens. 

Top Tags