we just finished a project in Vuforia Studio and I would like to share the experience and give a feedback for further improvements of the software. In the end the experience turned out really good, but here are some of the issues we had:
1. Hiding object from scene - currently it is not possible to temporarily hide object from the scene view while working. It is quite hard to arrange objects when the scene is cluttered. I know you can set the opacity to 0, but the object is still selectable and gets in the way, plus it is possible to forget to change back to opacity to 1.
2. Selecting multiple objects at once - this is another really needed feature. We can't select more objects and change a property or move them.
3. Object hierarchy - it would be really good if we you can nest objects. That way we can create more complex objects. Also this can be used to group objects together to easily reposition or scale them.
4. Faster undo - the undo options redraws the whole scene and it takes around 1-2 seconds. This breaks the flow and sometimes you aren't really sure if the action was undone.
5. Objects origin - it would be really useful if we are able to set the origin of the object in order to move/scale/rotate it relative to the origin point.
On the other hand, the published experiences are really performant and the tracking works really well. I was surprised how many triangles can be rendered without performance issues. Also, the publishing process is very easy and simple.
Good feedback. I would also find it very helpful if we could make prefabs as in Unity, or change properties
of objects at runtime for a better testing process.
On the other hand I think you can hide objects. Is the behaviour in the video the result you are expecting?
Basically you need to press the Hide Components Button ( the first eye icon) , then press on the items you want to hide and when you are finished you press the Hide Components Button again. If you want to unhide all the objects you click on the other eye button.