cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Freeze Camera - Reset Model

PhilipB
8-Gravel

Freeze Camera - Reset Model

Currently working with the freeze camera functionality in vuforia studio. 

I'm experiencing that users have a problem with that they first need to fixate the model in good position and then press freeze button or that they can in the freeze mode can rotate the model and move it around but accidently move in such a position that they lose the model.

I'm looking into if there is a reset button or a way of fixating the model in the middle of the screen when using freeze mode on a tablet or phone. 

I know you can have 'reset gesture changes but that doesn't quite achieve what I'm looking for. Ideal would as stated above that you press a button connected to a functionality scripted in home.js that positions e.g 'model-1' to  the middle of the screen no matter where you pointed your camera when you pressed the freeze button. 

Is there anyway of achieving this? Someone made something like this before? 

1 REPLY 1
kornelius
12-Amethyst
(To:PhilipB)

Hi @PhilipB,

The hurdles you are experiencing seem to be connected to using a spatial target as the user can still move around the model in the spatial context by default. You should not experience the same on a model target tracking.

An easy way could be to turn off that the user can move the model in space while the freeze camera functionality is used. Therefore you can set the enabletranslategesture = false during camera freeze and back to true afterward. Or turn it off altogether, if the model does not need to be moved once placed. 
Attached is a screenshot of the spatial target property.

Best Regards, 

Kornelius 

Top Tags