cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Got stuck with the Thingworks Server URL

J.V.Madhavan
4-Participant

Got stuck with the Thingworks Server URL

Got stuck with the installation of experience service. What Should I do when it is asking me for the Thingworks Server URL and credentials? Can't find anything in the document; it only gives an example but where do we get it from?

6 REPLIES 6
agangaiah
14-Alexandrite
(To:J.V.Madhavan)

Adding @Durgesh :

Hello @Durgesh  : Could you please help here. 

Regards,

Avinash

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@J.V.Madhavan  It is important to understand that Vuforia Experience Service (ES) runs on top of ThingWorx. So,  basically, you need to have a ThingWorx instance already setup or can install now which could be associated with your On-premise ES. Once you have the ThingWorx instance then post running ES setup enter the ThingWorx Administrator user credentials & ThingWorx URL ( e.g. http://<Server Name or IP>:<Port>/ThingWorx )to proceed further with ES setup.

Also, make sure you go through the compatibility matrix details outlined in Install and deploying an Experience Service document.

I hope it clarifies your query.

-Durgesh

J.V.Madhavan
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Thank U Durgesh, To have a thing work instance what should I have to install. In our software downloads list I'm able to see the following downloadables. 

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@J.V.Madhavan  You will need to install ThingWorx Platform.

J.V.Madhavan
4-Participant
(To:dupatel)

Which all components of Thinkworks platform to be installed?

ThingWorx Utilities Demo Data
ThingWorx Utilities
ThingWorx Theming and Web Components SDK
ThingWorx Service Apps Extension
ThingWorx Rockwell FactoryTalk MES Extesion
ThingWorx Remote Access Extension
ThingWorx Query Services
ThingWorx PostgreSQL
ThingWorx Operator Advisor
ThingWorx Mssql
ThingWorx Manufacturing Apps Extension
ThingWorx Hana
ThingWorx H2
ThingWorx Extensions SDK
ThingWorx AzureSQL
Security Management Tool
PING Federate
OPC Aggregator
DSE Persistence Provider Extension Package

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@J.V.Madhavan  You just need a persistence provider like H2 or PostgreSQL or MSSQL to install. Other packages are ThingWorx extension and utilities which could be installed later on as per the need and usage.

-Durgesh

Top Tags