cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hide 2D overlapping elements during desing time?

anickolsky
12-Amethyst

Hide 2D overlapping elements during desing time?

Hi all,

How to hide existing 2D  elements design during desing time if they overlap with other 2D elements that needs to be created? Like infocards that are getting overlapped sometimes? It's not possible to create other 2D elements if existing one fills the space on the screen

7 REPLIES 7
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:anickolsky)

@anickolsky  Just to inform, I am owning your PTC Case related to this post and have reached out internally to see if there are any suggestions. Also, would be good to know if anyone else had similar challenges/experience during Designing and have any feedback/suggestions.

-Durgesh

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:dupatel)

we are also facing the same issue while creating UI in vuforia studio (2D Canvas). I want to elaborate this question more from my side. while creating UI, suppose I  inserted popup widget there is hide popup option in properties.

like this way. Is there any another option to hide other widgets in canvas (not in preview). 

InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:InfinityX)

pdf of hide popup property is attached here for reference

Swapnil_More
14-Alexandrite
(To:InfinityX)

There is no way to hide widgets while designing UI (Except Popup Widget). It's better to give proper studio ID  for finding specific widget and add CSS(Padding, Margin) properties to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Swapnil More
InfinityX
14-Alexandrite
(To:Swapnil_More)

I know there is no away yet, I am giving feedback about it. It would be more helpful if there is option available in properties like hide popup. If we get same option in other widgets too in coming years, then that plays major role 

Many thanks!

TomasCharvat
14-Alexandrite
(To:anickolsky)

Hello  anickolsky

for this case I often use a workaround via CSS. If I need to hide a specific widget for design time I add a class to the widget which is defined for example by:

.hide {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: -10000px;
  right: -10000px;
}

The disadvantage is that you must remember which widgets have this class, because you must remove it before preview/publish project.

Regards

Tomas

Top Tags