cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

HoloLens Vuforia View in permanent sleep mode

Wes_Tomer
12-Amethyst

HoloLens Vuforia View in permanent sleep mode

The Vuforia View app on the HoloLens is stuck in sleep mode. I have restarted the device, and the only solution I have found is to uninstall & then reinstall the app. However after closing Vuforia View, and attempting to reopen it, it becomes stuck in sleep mode.

Has anyone encountered this?

I intentionally gave this almost the same exact name as @bwhelan's post from 2018, since I can't reply to it, and it didn't resolve my problem. Microsoft is no longer performing updates on the HoloLens 1, so something else is causing the issue. Any ideas? @RolandRaytchev  @jremb 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get it working by using the Windows Device Recovery tool to wipe it clean and install a fresh OS. Then I reinstalled Vuforia View, and it works now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jremb
14-Alexandrite
(To:Wes_Tomer)

The only cause that I have seen for this sleep mode situation is the HL update happening in the background. I realize that MS is no longer issuing updates for the HL1, but you should make sure that in fact the last available update is not still trying to self-install. Have you noticed other HL1 connected apps sleeping as well?

Apart from this, I suggest a call to PTC technical support if this only involves Vuforia View, or to MS support if the problem extends to other apps besides Vuforia View.

I was able to get it working by using the Windows Device Recovery tool to wipe it clean and install a fresh OS. Then I reinstalled Vuforia View, and it works now.

jremb
14-Alexandrite
(To:Wes_Tomer)

Excellent! Thanks for sharing your solution. 

Top Tags